In order to keep Boo's interest in watching all 4 sessions of conference, and since Easter was around the corner, I came up with this idea:
Conference Easter Egg Hunt
Supplies: 15 plastic easter eggs, 15 small prizes or treats ( I would make 1 set for each of your children- so if you have 2 kids use 30 eggs, etc)
- Print mini pictures (or cut up an old Ensign) of the 12 apostles and first presidency.
- Tape pics to plastic eggs.
- Fill eggs with prizes or treats.
- Hide eggs. Make sure you hide them in the area that you will be watching conference.... you don't want to kids to leave the room. That sort of defeats the purpose :). Or you can be lazy like me and instead of hiding the eggs just toss them all in a basket.
- When an apostle or member of the first presidency speaks, have your little one search for the egg with his picture. Great way to learn the names of our church leaders.
Extension: Write simple summaries of each of the talks. Place each of the summaries inside the conference plastic egg with the church leader's picture. During family home evening, have each of your children pick an egg. Read and discuss the summary. If possible set goals as a family to apply those teachings.